Js Construction - J&S Construction is a fraud
Joseph E.Prada (or Joseph E.
Prado) agreed to install laminate floors on the second floor in my mom's house - a total of 800 sq feet. The total work was estimated at $1,500. In addition Joseph suggested to change the old decking and replace it with plywood. He estimated material cost at $1,400 which included 45 sheets of plywood, 220 feet of baseboards, 20 rolls on insulation.
The workers worked for 1 day, and as it turned out later (based on conversation with one of them), Joseph pushed them to finish work fast in living room asap and not replace the old decking. He told them to lie to me and tell me that the new plywood was installed and that insulation was put throughout the living room. Joseph refused to provide any checks for the materials and all I have in my house is the 8 sheets of plywood and the total mess and unlivable condition.
Btw, a construction engineer who came yesterday to estimate the damage told that the plywood was not supposed to be used upstairs at all as it can cause damage to the foundation of the house.
I want to warn all who is thinking of hiring J&S construction - please don't give them your money upfront even for materials and please look carefully at the work because this guys is dishonest.I trusted him because he claims to be a true Christian on his website but he turned out to be a biggest *** I ever met in my life.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Floor Installation
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We originally had our old gutters replaced due to water leakage with new gutters through Gutter Helmet of the Pikes Peak Region a few years ago (Colrado Springs, CO.). Our..."
- "BEWARE - what you see in the model home is the quality that you will get. Model homes are built in 2 months tops, rushed and hurried with..."
- "One of our room has a pungent odor and so we had a mold inspection done. Lo and behold, there are cracks around where the slab meets the wall. Contacted..."
- "got the mailer and extra 15% off if you use your Kohl's credit card between Oct 27- Nov 9 2014, didn't happen and neither did the yes money of 1..."
- "On 07/09/2015 I came to YouFit in Lewisville and paid the cancellation fee of 10.83 , for my surprised I came on August and my Account was still opened and..."
- "On 6-2-16 I filled out an online app for this company that advertises itself as a lease-to-own company that caters to consumers who have credit issues. The application was approved..."
- "I recently booked a Jetstar flight on eDreams.com. They sent me an email confirmation that said "The total cost of your reservation is $442.22. The details of the amounts charged..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."