Js Construction - J&S Construction is a fraud
Joseph E.Prada (or Joseph E.
Prado) agreed to install laminate floors on the second floor in my mom's house - a total of 800 sq feet. The total work was estimated at $1,500. In addition Joseph suggested to change the old decking and replace it with plywood. He estimated material cost at $1,400 which included 45 sheets of plywood, 220 feet of baseboards, 20 rolls on insulation.
The workers worked for 1 day, and as it turned out later (based on conversation with one of them), Joseph pushed them to finish work fast in living room asap and not replace the old decking. He told them to lie to me and tell me that the new plywood was installed and that insulation was put throughout the living room. Joseph refused to provide any checks for the materials and all I have in my house is the 8 sheets of plywood and the total mess and unlivable condition.
Btw, a construction engineer who came yesterday to estimate the damage told that the plywood was not supposed to be used upstairs at all as it can cause damage to the foundation of the house.
I want to warn all who is thinking of hiring J&S construction - please don't give them your money upfront even for materials and please look carefully at the work because this guys is dishonest.I trusted him because he claims to be a true Christian on his website but he turned out to be a biggest *** I ever met in my life.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Floor Installation
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "One of our room has a pungent odor and so we had a mold inspection done. Lo and behold, there are cracks around where the slab meets the wall. Contacted..."
- "I bought a house at Sonoma on November 2014, it all started off wrong as they rushed our closing stating they wanted to do it before thanksgiving and even tho..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "On 07/09/2015 I came to YouFit in Lewisville and paid the cancellation fee of 10.83 , for my surprised I came on August and my Account was still opened and..."
- "Worst customer service I've received in some time. I payed for delivery and was confirmed 3 times on date and time. They moved me to all day delivery w no notice..."
- "Sitting at curbside take away was told 7:05 arrived 7:04 guy came out right away and took my CC and paid bill with a 20peecent tip. I'll add current photo...."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "The claims department blamed the company by saying the box was inadequate. The driver says he left it at my door. As you can see the box is on the..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."